- I/We confirm that I/we have read and understood CIMB Bank Berhad, Singapore Branch's ("CIMB Bank" or "the Bank" or "CIMB Singapore") Terms and Conditions Governing the Operations of Deposits Account and agree to abide and be bound by these terms and conditions. I/We have read, understood and retained a copy of the Terms and Conditions Governing Electronic Banking Services, E-Statements and E-Alerts, and any other terms and conditions relating to the Bank's products or services (all as may be amended from time to time) and agree to be bound by them. I/We agree that CIMB Bank may vary, alter and amend any terms and conditions in its sole discretion. Copies of all terms and conditions mentioned above are available at any branch of CIMB Bank or at www.cimbbank.com.sg.
- I/We understand that my/our submission of this application and acceptance of this application by CIMB Bank shall in no way be construed as approval of my/our application and that CIMB Bank reserves the right not to approve this application without giving any reasons whatsoever.
- I/We confirm that there has been no statutory demand served on me/us, and that there has been no legal proceedings commenced against me/us at the time of this application. I/We declare that I/we are not undischarged bankrupt or of unsound mind.
- I/We represent and warrant that my/our funds do not originate from, nor will they be routed through, an account maintained at a Foreign Shell Bank, or a bank organised or chartered under the laws of a Non-Cooperative Jurisdiction.
- I/We declare that information given in this application is true and correct and that I/we have not wilfully withheld any facts. I/We warrant that all copies of documents submitted to CIMB Bank are true copies and belong to CIMB Bank absolutely. I/We authorise CIMB Bank to obtain and verify any information on/from me/us with or from any credit reference agencies, ﬁnancial institutions or any other parties, for any purposes which the Bank deems ﬁt.
- I/We agree to promptly provide any information or representations deemed necessary by CIMB Bank for veriﬁcation, in its sole discretion, to comply with anti-money laundering regulations countering the Financing of Terrorism and related responsibilities from time to time. I/We acknowledge that in the event of delay or failure to produce any information or representations required by CIMB Bank for verification purposes, CIMB Bank may take such actions as in its sole discretion deemed necessary, including, without limitation, to refuse to accept this application and/or the funds.
- I/We undertake to keep CIMB Bank informed of any changes in my/our particulars given in this application.
- I/We declare and confirm that I/we am/are the beneﬁcial owner(s) and that I/we am/are transacting for my/our own account and not on behalf of any other person or entity.
- I/We authorise CIMB Bank to disclose, at any time and without liability to me/us, any information relating to me/us or any of my/our accounts (as defined in the Banking Act Chapter 19), to any of its branches, subsidiaries, representative offices, affiliates and agents of the Bank and third party selected by them wherever situated, for confidential use in connection with the provision of Products or Services to me/us.
- For Collection at Branch: Customer's Acknowledgement For ATM Card & Pin Mailer (if applicable). I hereby acknowledge receipt of the ATM Card issued to me by CIMB Bank. I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this new card and agree to be bound by them.
- For Collection at Branch: Customer's Acknowledgement For New Activation Code Mailer and/or Security Device (if applicable). I hereby acknowledge receipt of the activation code mailer and/or Security Device issued to me by CIMB Bank. I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions Governing Electronic Banking Services and agree to be bound by them.
Declaration Relating to Tax and Other Serious Offences
I/We declare and confirm that:
- I/we am/are responsible for my/our own tax affairs and ensuring that both I/we and my/our Account(s) (as defined in the CIMB Terms and Conditions Governing the Operations of Deposits Account (“T&Cs”)) maintained with CIMB Singapore, are in compliance with the tax laws of the relevant jurisdiction within which I/we reside, am/are domiciled or tax citizens of;
- to the best of my/our knowledge, I/we have not willfully committed nor have been convicted of any serious tax crimes;
- I/we acknowledge and agree that I/we should take advice from a tax expert in the jurisdiction of my/our tax residence and acknowledge that CIMB Singapore does not provide tax advice to me/us;
- I/we agree to provide copies of the relevant documents where necessary to CIMB Singapore upon request; and
- I/we agree that CIMB Singapore may, where required, disclose any and all information in accordance with Clause 15.1 of the T&Cs.
- should there be any change in these circumstances, I/we undertake to immediately notify CIMB Singapore in accordance with Clause 2.6 and Clause 9.1(b) of the T&Cs.
- I/we also agree to hold harmless, release and agree to indemnify CIMB Singapore, its shareholders, officers, owners, directors, employee successors, heirs and assigned from any and all liability arising from CIMB Singapore’s reliance on the declarations made by me/us.
U.S. Tax Declaration Under
Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- I/We hereby confirm the information provided is true, accurate and complete.
- Subject to the applicable local laws, I/we hereby consent for CIMB Bank Berhad, Singapore Branch, its parent or ultimate holding company or any of its affiliates (including branches) (collectively as “CIMB”) to share my/our information with domestic or overseas regulators or tax authorities where necessary to establish my/our tax liability in any/the relevant jurisdiction.
- Where required by domestic or overseas regulators or tax authorities, I/we also understand and agree that CIMB may be required to obtain additional documents and/or forms, which I/we will sign, if I/we am/are subject to the relevant jurisdiction’s requirements.
- Where required by domestic or overseas regulators or tax authorities, I/we understand and agree that CIMB may withhold, and pay out, from my/our account(s) such amounts as may be required according to applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and/or agreements with regulators or authorities and directives.
- I/We also agree and undertake to notify CIMB (within 30 calendar days), or provide the information if requested by CIMB, if there is a change in any information which I/we have provided to CIMB.
Common Reporting Standard (CRS) Self-Certification
- I/We understand that the information supplied by me/us is subject to the terms and conditions governing the Account Holder’s relationship with CIMB and its related and associated corporations (collectively “CIMB Group”) setting out how CIMB may use and share the information supplied by me/us.
- I/We acknowledge that the information contained in this form and information regarding the Account Holder(s) and any Reportable Account(s) may be provided directly or indirectly to any relevant tax authority, including of the country/jurisdiction in which this account(s) is/are maintained and exchanged with tax authorities of another country/jurisdiction or countries/jurisdictions in which the Account Holder may be resident for tax purposes pursuant to agreements between competent authorities to exchange financial account information.
- I/We certify that I/we am/are the Account Holder or am/are authorized to sign for the Account Holder*, of the account(s) to which this form relates and I/we declare that all statements made in this declaration are to the best of my/our knowledge and belief, correct and complete.
- If there is a change in circumstances that affects the tax residence of the Account Holder(s) or causes the information contained herein to become incorrect or incomplete, I/we understand that I/we am/are obligated to inform CIMB of the change in circumstances within 30 days of its occurrence and to provide a suitably updated self-certification.